Seamless infrared repairs, not patches!
At Asphalt Restoration, Inc., we use the infrared process for all of our repairs. With the infrared process we can achieve a seamless repair that blends beautifully with the existing pavement.
With conventional sawcut and remove patching, cracks usually form where the hot asphalt was placed against the cold edge of the surrounding asphalt. Cracking does not occur with the infrared process because the edge of the repair area is thermally bonded with the existing asphalt. Without cold joints, there is no point of weakness!
Step by step process:
- Position infrared panel over area to be repaired.
- Wait approximately 15 minutes for pavement to become 280 degree hot mix again. Time varies by ambient temperature. Can be used in temperatures as cold as 10 degrees below zero. Our system emits true infrared rays, heating asphalt without burning or oxidizing.
- Rake area, remove oxidized asphalt, scarify remaining asphalt and add surface asphalt to the proper grade. The material is then blended together and luted for proper elevation.
- Compact the area with a vibratory compactor, compacting the edges first to pinch the
seam. This creates a thermal bond with the existing pavement and eliminates any seams.
- Let restored area cool before opening up to traffic.
Infrared repairs are ideal for repairing settlement, cracks, bumps, low spots, potholes, utility cuts, seam bonding and manhole cover ramping.
We also offer Pothole Filling:
Pothole Filling isn’t the prettiest asphalt repair and can’t compare to our infrared repairs, but it’s better than doing nothing at all. Potholes that are left open during the winter will get bigger and may cost you more to repair down the line. Open potholes are also a liability and could really hurt someone or their vehicle. We use hot surface asphalt in season and high performance cold patch when the asphalt plants stop producing the hot stuff. Pothole filling is not meant to be a permanent fix, it’s meant to get you by until you can do a proper long term repair.
Commercial or Residential, call today for more information or a free estimate.